Sunday, October 27, 2013

Halloween Fun!

 Can you guess what our costumes are going to be? 

I hit up Pinterest and got ideas for Halloween appropriate food items to take to the party we were invited to.  I decided to take one healthy item, assuming there would be lots of delicious junk food there so I made the tangerine pumpkins.

Our costumes came together very quickly. We eyeballed the outlines and cut the items out of foam insulation, then spray-painted them.  I cut out the eyes from colored paper and even made eyelashes for the Mrs. Pacman.

I made some delicious pimento cheese if I say so myself.  I used about a pound each of sharp Cabot white cheddar, and yellow Cabot sharp cheddar.  Roughly 2 cups of mayo, I sliced some roasted jarred red peppers.  Spices:  Lots of black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, chipotle chile powder, a little cayenne powder.
The finished products.

We got to the party and didn't know anyone because the couple that invited us had not arrived yet.  I was so glad that we had thought to ask what to bring so at least we came in bearing gifts.  We mingled and met lots of new people, I am so bad with names, I was wishing that we all had nametags.  We put out our food along with all the other goulish treats, there was a great spread!

Clay made sure I got a picture of the rib skeleton.  The whole house was decorated, ghosts and spiders and rats around every corner.  I was entertained all night just looking around at everything.  There were lots of good costumes too: Pop-eye and Olive oil, Elvis, Palm Reader, Niki Manaj, catwoman, medusa, a gladiator, and several others.  


The little bones on the table above were marshmallows stuck on the ends of pretzel sticks dipped in white chocolate and they were Amazing!  Clay and I kept going back for more of those.  Our friend, who was the palm reader passed out little Pixie stick love potions.  They also had contests for best costume which we all voted on and guess how many M&Ms were in a jar.  I was nowhere close!  Clay and I won a surprise prize for best entertainment when we were being "played" via pretend joystick.  I was ghost-chasing Clay around the living room and he was being "controlled" by Elvis with his microphone turned Joystick. 


No comments:

Post a Comment